Helping lower income families in Thunder Bay to build a better life through affordable homeownership.
Have you always dreamed of owning your own home? Do you have a job, but find that you are having trouble getting ahead? We are looking for Partner families who would like to work with us to build an affordable and safe home that they can call their own.
For questions please email email@example.com
Habitat for Humanity Thunder Bay reserves the right to make the final decision for acceptance on all applications. The following criteria are applied to determine eligibility:
- The applicant must be employed for a minimum of the past two years in the community in which the house will be built.
- Must be a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada.
- Must not be receiving income from Employment Insurance or Social Assistance.
- Must be ready to live where Habitat is building in the community.
- Must be willing to complete 500 sweat equity hours prior to house possession.
- Preference will be given to families with young children.
- Present housing must be at least one of the following: too expensive, too small, unsafe, or substandard; applicants cannot currently own a house.
- Total household income as defined on line 15000 of the CRA Notice of Assessment must be less than $84,600. Minimum household income to qualify for the program is $44,637.
- Must be willing to provide the most recent CRA Notice of Assessment, as well as consent for Habitat to contact references from employer, landlord, and 2 other people who know the family well.
- Must be willing to provide your last 3 pay statements from all jobs and 2 months of all bank and financial statements, including credit card statements.
- Must consent to a credit check.
- Must be at least 3 years since a bankruptcy has been discharged.
How to Apply
Homeownership Program – Expression of Interest
By completing this Expression of Interest application you are indicating that you are interested in homeownership with Habitat for Humanity Thunder Bay (HFHTB). This form is the first step in then application process. HFHTB will review the information you provide to determine if you are eligible to apply for a Habitat home. Within 3 months of Habitat receiving the completed form you will receive an phone call or letter informing you if you are eligible or not eligible for the second stage of then application process.