VOLUNTEER & FUND CO-ORDINATOR INTERN
12 Month Contract
Habitat for Humanity Thunder Bay believes access to safe, decent and affordable and sustainable housing is a basic human right that should be available to all. Since 1994, Habitat Thunder Bay has brought partners together to tackle affordable homeownership and build strength, stability and independence for low income families.
Habitat for Humanity Thunder Bay is recruiting for a Volunteer & Fund Co-ordinator INTERN to join their team in Thunder Bay to help execute and accelerate their short term and long term vision.
Reporting directly to the CEO the Volunteer & Fund Co-ordinator INTERN will be accountable for assisting with all aspects of fund and volunteer development strategy including coordinating special events, donor management, administration and grant writing. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development and coordination of new and existing fund development events
- Working with donor database, donor profiles, donor histories, contact management, reporting and gift follow-up
- Identifying and securing funding and Gift In Kind (GIK) sources
- Maintaining and expanding corporate and community partnerships to raise sustainable long term funds
- Planning and executing events
- Ensuring donor database is up-to-date and current
- Cultivation and stewardship of gifts from individuals, corporations and foundations
- Facilitating volunteer development and engagement to support fund development initiatives
- Ensuring campaigns are completed and tracked
- Maintaining donor recognition
- Organize Corporate Build Days
- Liaise with Build Co-ordinator and ReStore Manager in recruitment/scheduling of volunteers
- Provide administration support, reception duties and data entry
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Prior experience in fund development with a non-profit organization would be an asset
- Strong attention to detail is a must
- Experience with a donor database
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills
- Capacity to manage multiple and competing demands
The successful candidate will have relevant post-secondary training and qualifications, and demonstrated experience and success, in volunteer and fund development or related discipline.
This is a 12 month intern contract position starting June 2022 with 37.5 hours per week and may require some evenings and weekends. Valid driver’s licence required with good driving record. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Competition closes May 31 2022.
To apply pls send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org